Wedding Registry Checklist
Registering for your bridal shower and wedding gifts can be overwhelming. What do you need? How many do you need of them? The Pink Daisy is here to help. Review this checklist before you set out to register for your wedding:
- Kitchen Electronics. Register for big ticket kitchen electronics, such as a stand mixer, blender, food processor, hand mixer, slower cooker, coffee machine and grinder, toaster oven, rice cooker, Panini press, and a waffle maker.
- Kitchen Accessories. Even if you don’t consider yourself a cook, you’ll want to get your hands on all the fun kitchen gadgets. Register for an ice cream scoop, a salad spinner, a set of canisters, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a pepper mill, a can opener, garlic press, cheese grater, vegetable peeler, and a citrus zester. Don’t forget two sets of oven mitts, three basting brushes, and three tongs.
- Dinnerware. Depending on how large your family is, or how large of a family you hope to one day have, the number of place settings you should register for varies. Service for six is standard, but it is not uncommon to register for service for 12 guests. You’ll need formal place settings as well as a casual set, and if you like to dress the table, you’ll also want chargers for beneath the plates, and placemats for below the chargers. Cloth napkins kick every occasion up a notch, and can be paired with a matching tablecloth. You’ll also need two serving bowls and two serving platters.
- Bedroom. You’ll want brand new bedding to start your marriage, so sheets, pillow cases, a duvet, and a comforter are must-haves. Accent pillows will complete your new bedding set.
- Bath. Register for a new set of bathroom accessories, such as a waste basket, tissue box cover, soap dispenser or soap dish. You’ll also want new towels and washcloths, plus a new shower curtain and bath mats.
- Décor/Accessories. You’ll want to showcase your wedding photos, so register for at least two picture frames. Also choose two vases and a wall mirror.
- Household Essentials. No registry would be complete without a hamper, a vacuum, an iron and ironing board, plus a steamer.
Remember, this is one of the fun parts of wedding planning, so have fun with it! If you need help registering, the Pink Daisy Bridal Registrant can walk you through the entire process, answering question and making recommendations based on our years of experience dressing fine tables.